Banana and coconut muffins
( MAKES 8 large muffins )
Photo by Tam West
Every home kitchen should have a recipe that uses up old bananas. This is the perfect use and three or four bananas will do the trick. I like to store my old bananas in the freezer until I have enough to bake a batch.
- Heat oven to 180C. Place 8 large paper muffin cases into a large muffin tray and lightly grease with baking spray.
- Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and coconut in a bowl.
- Blend bananas, milk, egg, butter, salt and vanilla in a food processor until just mixed (and still a little chunky).
- Pour liquid mix into dry ingredients and fold together until just combined, do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases, sprinkle over a little extra coconut and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little then place onto a wire cooling rack. When completely cool, store in an airtight container.