Eggs Benedict on cauliflower muffins with chipotle hollandaise
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
Brunch is my favourite meal of the day, especially when it’s looking like this. The homemade hollandaise really takes this to the next level.
|8||Cauliflower muffins, see link to recipe below|
|16 rashers||Streaky bacon, crispy|
|4 servings||Hollandaise sauce, use the recipe below to feed four|
- Reheat the muffins in a lightly oiled pan.
- Take four serving plates and place two muffins on each plate.
- Place two bacon rashers on each muffin.
- Place a poached egg on each muffin then top with the hollandaise sauce.
For the hollandaise:
- Take a saucepan and add the vinegar, white wine, peppercorns, bay leaf and tarragon, reduce to 2 Tbsp.
- Melt the butter.
- Place another saucepan over a bain-marie (making sure the base of the saucepan doesn’t touch the boiling water).
- Add the egg yolks and reduction liquid, whisk together quickly.
- In a slow, steady stream add the melted butter, continuing to whisk until the sauce comes together and is smooth and creamy.
- Remove from the heat and add the chipotle ketchup (optional).
Find the recipe for the cauliflower muffins here.