Sirloin steak with a chipotle and brandy sauce
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
This is fantastic with chicken and pork as well.
- To make the sauce combine the brandy, worcestershire sauce, chipotle ketchup and the cream in a small saucepan, bring to the boil. The sauce will thicken slightly, set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or frypan on high. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and heat till shimmering.
- Cook the steaks for 3 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving platter to rest.
- Reheat the sauce and serve over the steak with plenty of cracked black pepper.