Orecchiette with spinach
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
- Cook the orecchiette until al dente (according to the packet instructions) in a large saucepan of salted water. Drain, reserving about ½ cup of the water to be used, if needed, to moisten the cooked dish.
- Meanwhile, wilt the spinach leaves in a large frying pan with the water that is still clinging to its leaves. Remove from the pan, roughly chop.
- Place the garlic, chilli and anchovies in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until softened and the anchovies melt. Add a dash of oil to the pan, if needed.
- Toss together the cooked orecchiette, wilted spinach and anchovy mixture. Moisten with a little reserved cooking water, if needed, and season.
- Place in four warmed shallow bowls, drizzle with avocado or olive oil and finely grate over some parmesan.