Guacamole, chicken and flatbreads
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1||Red chilli, (seeds removed if preferred, finely diced)|
|1||Red onion, (finely diced)|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh coriander, (finely chopped)|
|1||Spring onion, (finely chopped)|
|1||Lemon, (juice of, or 2 limes)|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- To make guacamole, halve the avocados, remove stones and scoop the flesh into a large bowl. Mash with a fork while adding all remaining ingredients.
- Taste for salt. If refrigerating, cover with plastic wrap - pressing onto the surface of the guacamole.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Place chicken in a baking dish. Squeeze lemons, set juice aside. Chop the lemons and put under the chicken. Pour the juice over then the oil and season.
- Break up the garlic but don't peel. Place beside the chicken and roast for approximately 15-20 minutes, basting once or twice depending on the size of the breasts.
- To make the flatbreads, sift both types of flour with the salt into a bowl. Make a well and pour in the oil. Stir while adding enough boiling water to create a dough. Tip onto a lightly floured board and knead until soft.
- Pinch off walnut sized pieces of dough and roll out into rounds. Heat a heavy-based pan and when very hot, add one flatbread at a time pressing down with a tea towel until golden brown on the underside.
- Turn over to cook the other side then remove and wrap in a clean tea towel. Repeat.
- To serve, plate the chicken, guacamole and flatbreads. Squeeze the garlic over the chicken before eating and squeeze over extra lime juice if preferred.