Crunchy sesame asparagus, poached egg and wasabi aioli
( SERVES 4 )
|100 g||Spinach, pureed|
|4||Eggs, yolks only|
|¼ packet||Wasabi paste, or to your taste|
|40 ml||Rice vinegar|
|500 ml||Rice bran oil|
- To make the wasabi aioli, in a mixing bowl whisk together the spinach puree, egg yolks, wasabi and rice vinegar.
- Slowly add the rice bran oil to reach a mayonnaise consistency. Add flavour with a squeeze of lemon.
- To make the sesame asparagus, wrap a slice of smoked salmon around the asparagus stem, dip in egg then sesame seeds.
- Spray a heated grill plate with oil, grill asparagus until toasted.
- Place on to a warmed platter, top with poached eggs, shavings of parmesan and then coat with the wasabi aioli.