Chocolate Kahlua cake
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
I do preach that we have too much sugar in our diets but everything in moderation and a life without cheating sometimes would be a life of rules and in my book that’s no fun. Every now and then we need to make something for a celebration dinner or party. My chocolate kahlua cake and New York cheesecake with cinnamon cream don’t breach too many rules and when you divide the sugar among the servings it’s not so bad.
- Preheat oven to 160C and line a 21cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt together the butter, chocolate and Kahlua.
- Beat together the egg yolks and sugar till thick and creamy.
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Add the egg yolk and sugar mixture to the chocolate Kahlua mix.
- Fold in the flour and salt.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into the prepared tin, place in the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle over ground cinnamon.