Ginger, almond, mozzarella and balsamic salad
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
Balsamic transforms this salad as it does my cheesy, olive, rosemary and balsamic focaccia
|1 piece||Ginger, 5cm, peeled|
|1 Tbsp||Tamari, or soy|
|1||Lemon, use the zest only|
|1 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp||Sea salt flakes|
|125 g||Buffalo mozzarella, ball|
|1 bottle||Balsamic vinegar, Best quality (I have used Malpighi Saporoso, which is available at gaults-deli.co.nz)|
|120 g||Fancy lettuce leaves, washed and dried|
- Place the ginger, tamari, water, lemon, almonds, parsley, olive oil and salt into a blender or high speed bullet. Blend till smooth. Adjust the consistency with a little extra water if needed.
- Take four serving plates or flat-bottom bowls; place 2 Tbsp of the dressing on the bottom of each plate.
- Slice the mozzarella into four and place a slice on top the dressing.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves over the dressing and mozzarella.
- Drizzle over the balsamic