Cauliflower truffle soup
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
- Using a large pot on moderate heat, add the extra virgin olive oil and gently cook the onion until translucent. Reduce the heat and add the chopped cauliflower and vegetable stock.
- Simmer for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is soft.
- Allow to cool a little, then add to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Before serving, bring soup back up to just boiling and stir in cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in soup bowls with a drizzle of truffle oil.
Also try Simon's Indian spiced cheese scones