Photo by Tam West
This easy tray-baked gratin is served with oven-baked chicken drumsticks.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Brush a gratin dish with a little olive oil.
- Place the pumpkin in the dish, sprinkle over the olive oil, the sliced garlic and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to mix.
- Place in the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes until tender. Increase the oven temperature to 200C.
- Mix together the cream, parmesan and chopped parsley. Spoon over the pumpkin and finely grate over a little nutmeg. Return to the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve pumpkin with oven baked chicken drumsticks. Cook drumsticks in a little oil and butter with half a lemon, sliced, and the juice of the remaining half, and a few sage leaves.