Walnut halva with plums and greek yoghurt
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Tam West
- Heat the oven to 180C. Butter a 25cm x 35cm ovenproof dish.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and zests well until thick and creamy. Stir in the butter until well mixed. Stir in the semolina, baking powder and walnuts. Pour into the tin.
- Place in the oven and bake 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. It needs to be well cooked.
- Remove from the oven and cut into squares about 6cm square.
- Mix the plums with pomegranate juice. Pour evenly over the hot cake. Cool and serve with thick Greek yoghurt or whipped cream. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds if using.
More of Ray's dinners for 8