Roasted beet and rocket salad
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Annabel Langbein media
Caramelised beets, creamy feta and crunchy almonds make a great combination in this simple salad. I often serve this with a roasted chicken for a winter weekend lunch.
- Preheat oven to 180C fan bake.
- Place the beetroot wedges in a large roasting dish lined with baking paper and mix through 2 Tbsp of the oil and the sugar, vinegar and salt and pepper. Spread out into a single layer.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes until tender and just starting to shrivel. Allow beets to cool in the roasting dish.
- Toss rocket leaves and baby beet leaves, if using, with the lemon juice and the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil. Divide between 6 serving plates.
- Divide cooled roasted beetroot over the top and scatter with almonds and feta to serve.
More of Annabel's winter vegetable recipes