Creamy pumpkin and sage gratin
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Annabel Langbein media
Serve alongside roasted meats or braises or as a standalone vegetarian dish accompanied by a salad.
- Preheat oven to 180C fanbake.
- Season pumpkin with a little salt and pepper, place in a shallow tray and bake until tender — about 1 hour. (This can be done well in advance as it keeps 2-3 days in the fridge.)
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out flesh and place in a food processor with stock, cream, nutmeg, 1 tsp salt and ground black pepper to taste. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a shallow baking dish or divide between 8 gratin moulds and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- While gratin is baking, heat butter and sage leaves in a small pot over medium-low heat until leaves are crispy and butter is lightly browned.
- Spoon sage butter with leaves over cooked gratin just before serving.
More of Annabel's winter vegetable recipes