Chicken noodle bowl
Photo by Annabel Langbein media
Good-quality stock is the key to any kind of noodle bowl, as it provides a rich source of umami. Add a handful of sliced dried Asian mushrooms if you like. They won't need soaking in advance.
- Place stock and teriyaki sauce in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and lime zest and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Add bok choy and simmer until chicken is fully cooked through (about 3 minutes).
- Just before serving, mix in spring onions and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain cooked noodles and divide between four warmed bowls. Top with chicken soup.
- Drizzle with lime juice, sprinkle with ginger, coriander and chilli, if using, and serve immediately.
More of Annabel's Asian-style recipes