Sausage and sweet corn pie
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
Let the kids get stuck in and help make this easy family meal.
|1 sheet||Puff pastry|
|1 cup||Cheddar cheese, grated|
|¼ cup||Onion, finely chopped|
|1||Garlic clove, minced|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|250 g||Pork sausages, cooked|
|1 can||Corn, canned, strained|
|4||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 Tbsp||Italian seasoning|
|1 Tbsp||Pine nuts|
|2 large||Tomatoes, thinly sliced|
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a pie dish (approximately 30cm by 22cm) with olive oil. Roll puff pastry to approximately ½cm thick. Place in pastry in dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil over a medium heat until soft. Add the chopped sausages and corn kernels.
- Place into the pie dish lined with puff pastry
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, salt and Italian seasoning; mix well. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture.
- Lay the sliced tomato on top and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between centre and outer edge comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Also try Simon's pork burger with smoked chipotle slaw