Mixed fruit scones
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the butter and use your fingertips to rub it into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the apricots, dates and currants and mix to combine.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk. Use a butter knife to gradually mix the milk into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and gently bring the dough together. Roll out to a 24cm x 16cm rectangle and use a knife to cut the scone mixture into 12 squares.
- Place the scones close together on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Serve with butter and apricot jam.