Banana butterscotch pudding
A self-saucing pudding.
For the base
|2 medium||Bananas, peeled and sliced|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|1¼ cups||Self raising flour|
|100 g||Butter, melted|
|1||Egg, lightly beaten|
|4 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
For the topping
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 6-cup (23cm x 23cm) baking dish.
- To make the base, place the bananas evenly over the base of the baking dish.
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, butter, egg, milk and golden syrup. Mix until smooth. Pour into the baking dish.
- To make the topping, combine the cornflour with the brown sugar and sprinkle over the top.
- Stir the golden syrup into the boiling water and pour over the back of a spoon onto the pudding. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Great served with ice cream or whipped cream.
More of Jan's winter desserts