Savoury pork chops with pear and sage crumble
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
|6||Pork loin chops|
|3 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|4||Pears, peeled, quartered and cored|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|120 g||Fresh breadcrumbs|
|8 large||Sage leaves|
|1||Lemon, chopped, to serve|
For the lemon dill dressing
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Season the chops and fry gently in the olive oil on each side to brown and to partly cook. Place in a small baking dish.
- Meanwhile, place the pears, onion and water in a saucepan and simmer until tender.
- Mash well together with the breadcrumbs and sage and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the stuffing mixture on top of the chops and bake in the oven for 12-13 minutes until the crumble browns and the pork is cooked through. To make the lemon dill dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, season with salt and mix with a whisk.
- Drizzle over the pork chops and serve.
Also try Simon's potato, leek and kale gratin with smoked provolone