Swati’s spicy potatoes
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
This recipe comes from Swati, my demi chef at Giraffe. It use asafoetida, available in Indian stores and some supermarkets. It is a flavour enhancer, and if you can’t find it don’t worry as it won’t affect the dishes.
- Heat the oil in a frypan or wok, add the mustard seeds and let them pop but be careful not to burn.
- Add the asafoetida and as it dissolves add the potatoes.
- Fry the potatoes, stirring so they don’t catch on the pan.
- Add the turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Cover the pan and continue to cook till soft.
- To serve, sprinkle over the crushed peanuts and coriander.
More of Swati's comforting Indian recipes