( MAKES 4 )
Make your own meat patties or buy ready-prepared lean Angus beef patties.
For the sauce
For the filling
- Combine the sauce ingredients and place aside.
- Heat the oil and pan-fry the mushrooms, bacon and onion individually and place aside.
- Pan-fry the burger patties about 2-3 minutes each side, until cooked.
- Meanwhile, halve the burger buns and lightly toast.
- Top the bases with the beef patties then add the cheese, mushrooms, tomato, onion, bacon, sauce and lettuce. Crown with the bun tops and secure with a skewer.
More of Jan's American fave recipes