Chinese chicken with spicy macadamias
|2 Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|2 Tbsp||Hoisin sauce|
|½ cup||Soy sauce, thick|
|1 kg||Free-range boned & skinned chicken thighs|
|½ cup||Macadamia nuts|
For the baste
- Combine the sesame oil, hoisin and soy sauces in a large bowl. Add the chicken and coat evenly with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for up to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Combine the macadamias and the sriracha in a small bowl, stirring to coat well. Spread the nuts evenly in a small foil-lined baking pan. Bake until dry, about 20 minutes. Remove the nuts, cool, then coarsely chop.
- Combine the ingredients for the baste, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Line a grilling pan with foil. Place the chicken on a rack on the foil. Baste the chicken and grill for 5-7 minutes. Turn the chicken over, baste again and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes. Serve garnished with coriander and the macadamias.
More of Jan's Asian flavours