Ginger, garlic prawns, bacon and noodles
Photo by Tam West
For convenience, we used the new Taylor Farms Ginger Garlic Stir Fry Kit, an aromatic blend of kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, bok choy, cabbage and carrots paired with a ginger garlic sauce. From supermarkets nationwide.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water to arrest cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan (or wok) over medium-high heat. Add the oil and when hot, place in the bacon and cook until crisp, turning once. Remove from the pan and place on crumpled kitchen paper to drain.
- Add the prawns to the pan and cook until they just turn pink. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat a little and place the vegetables from the Stir Fry Kit into the pan. Cook until the carrots are just tender. Add the spring onion and cook for a further 30 seconds. Add the lemon zest.
- Return the prawns to the pan along with the packet of sauce from the Stir Fry Kit. Add the noodles and gently toss until coated in sauce and heated through.
- Divide between bowls and serve garnished with a rasher of bacon.