Grilled hapuku with spring onion, garlic, ginger lime dressing and coconut rice
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
|2||Spring onions, sliced into rounds, thinly|
|1 piece||Fresh ginger, 3cm, peeled and grated|
|2||Garlic cloves, minced|
|1||Lime, zest and juice|
|4 Tbsp||Grapeseed oil|
|4 fillets||Hapuku, 170g each|
For the coconut rice
- Combine the ginger, garlic, lime juice, honey in a heatproof jug.
- Heat the oil then pour over the ginger, garlic, lime juice and honey, season with flake salt and fresh ground pepper, set aside to cool.
- Lightly oil and season the fish fillets on the presentation side then place the same side on a hot grill, until seared with grill marks then turn the fillets turning 90 degrees so the grill marks run in opposite direction.
- Flip the fillets and cook for another 3 minutes, being careful not to overcook the fish.
- Serve on coconut rice and pour over the dressing.
- For the coconut rice: Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and stir till it starts to boil.
- Reduce heat to a low, cover saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and simmer till all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let the rice sit for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
Also try Simon's cocktail fit for a queen.