Cannellini bean and roasted butternut mash
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
- Heat the oven to 210C. Line a shallow roasting tray with baking paper.
- Place the garlic in the butternut cavity, then carefully place on the tray, skin-side up. Brush with the oil to help loosen skin while roasting. Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes or until the flesh is soft. Leave to cool until easy to handle then remove the skin and discard.
- Squeeze the garlic flesh from its skin into the bowl of a food processor. Add the butternut flesh.
- Heat the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat, add the sage and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute. Stir in the cannellini beans and stock and simmer until the chicken stock reduces by half.
- Pour the bean mixture into the food processor with the cream and process with the butternut and garlic until smooth.
- Serve straightaway with cooked sausages and gravy and a big bowl of steamed broccoli.