Butter beans, sumac, kale and feta
( SERVES 2 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Sometimes, I add mango to this butter bean dish when they are plentiful and a good price. They do add a lovely ripe sweetness, but aren’t necessary. The lemony fragrant sumac matches beautifully with large moist butter beans and wilted kale.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan to a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking for 4 minutes to soften.
- Stir through the sumac and chilli until fragrant. Add the butter beans and brown slightly.
- Add kale, zest and juice and cook until wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Crumble over the feta and serve warm topped.
More of Angela's one-pot meals