New potatoes and lemon chicken with parsley and mint mayo
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 clove||Garlic clove|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|½ tsp||Caster sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|¼ cup||Mint leaves|
|1¼ cups||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt|
- To make the dressing, put the eggs in a food processor with the garlic, mustard and sugar. Process until smooth then add the lemon and herbs.
- Repeat, then with the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Spoon out into a bowl and whisk in the water to make a pourable consistency. Taste for seasoning.
- Gently scrub the potatoes, then cook whole in salted water until just tender, drain and set aside.
- Heat a frypan, add the oil and then the seasoned chicken. Cook covered, for 5 minutes then turn, squeeze over the lemon and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes and mix with enough dressing to coat evenly. Plate with the spinach leaves, sliced chicken and the olives.