Lamb rump with Moroccan dukkah
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
Gone are the days of the sub-primal cuts being the cheap cuts. These cuts sure as hell deliver the flavour. The molars might have to do a tad more work but your taste buds will be rewarded. Bring on the lamb rump, I say.
Serve this lamb with my beans with crumb topping.
For the pan-seared lamb with dukkah
|4||Lamb rumps, 190-200g (cap off)|
|2 Tbsp||Moroccan seasoning|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|¼ cup||Moroccan dukkah, recipe below|
For the Moroccan dukkah
- Preheat oven to 180C. Heat a large frying pan.
- Rub the lamb with Moroccan seasoning. Put the butter and oil in the pan and heat till bubbling.
- Cook the lamb 2 minutes on each side or until seared well, basting with the butter and oil.
- Place the lamb in a roasting dish, sprinkle over the dukkah and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes.
- For the Moroccan dukkah: Place all ingredients in a blender or mini food processor and blitz till the mix resembles a crumb. Store in an airtight container or lidded jar.