Rice noodles, fried tofu and pawpaw with nam prik dressing
( SERVES 4 )
|400 g||Tofu, (egg tofu)|
|3 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|600 g||Rice noodles, (preferably fresh)|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1 bunch||Spring onion, sliced|
|1||Pawpaw, or mango, sliced|
|1 handful||Mint leaves|
- To make the dressing; chop the chillies, garlic, shallot and ginger then put in a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Slice the tofu and coat lightly in cornflour. Heat a frypan, add the oil then when hot, fry the tofu for a minute on each side until golden then transfer to paper towels.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then drop in the separated noodles. If using fresh, cook for two minutes or follow the packet directions. Drain and run under cold water then tip into a bowl and gently distribute the oil through the noodles with your fingers.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into rounds then plate with the noodles, tofu, pawpaw, spring onions, mint and coriander.
- Dress lightly with the nam prik, offering more at the table.