My Mum’s grapefruit whip
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
As a kid I couldn’t wait for Mum to make this dessert. It’s a bit clever the way it separates all by itself into two layers; jelly on the bottom and a light souffle on the top. It’s quite impressive. You can make it in one big serving bowl or in individual glasses. It’s the perfect dessert to round off the rich meatloaf.
- Dissolve gelatin in the hot water.
- Beat egg yolks with the sugar until light and creamy.
- Add juice and zest and mix well.
- Next add the gelatin mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Whisk the egg white to stiff peaks then mix them into the grapefruit mixture.
- Pour into a serving bowl (or individual glasses) and place in the fridge to set for at least 3-4 hours.