Roast feijoa and manuka chutney
- Mix the first 10 ingredients (from feijoa to vinegar) together and leave in a covered non-reactive bowl overnight.
- Next day, mix in the remaining ingredients then place in a wide non-reactive roasting dish (or two), in an oven preheated to 180C.
- Cook the chutney for 2 to 3 hours, stirring from time to time. It’s ready when the liquid has mostly evaporated, and the onions and fruit have started to caramelise.
- Taste for seasoning, then spoon into very hot sterilised jars and seal. Let them cool down, then store in a fridge or very cool room away from the sun.
- Leave for at least a week before using.