Photo by Babiche Martens
Thanks to my friend, Stu, who’s a keen fisherman, these fish tacos are regularly on our menu. The chipotle sauce is also great served over grilled chicken or even a roast vegetable salad. Quick to prepare with just the panfrying of the fish left until last. Don’t forget a sprinkle of coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime to finish your tacos. Two each may not be enough.
For the tacos
|500 g||Fish fillets, cut into eight pieces|
|8 small||Tortilla shells|
|2 cups||Green cabbage, shredded|
|1||Avocado, mashed with 1 Tbsp lime juice|
|1 Tbsp||Sesame seeds, toasted|
|1 small handful||Coriander leaves, to garnish|
|2||Limes, cut into wedges|
For the salsa
For the spicy sauce
- Firstly make the salsa. In a small bowl combine the mango, onion and coriander.
- For the spicy sauce, in another small bowl combine the chipotle sauce, mayonnaise and sour cream. Set aside.
- For the fish, heat the butter in a frying pan. Cook the fish fillets in batches and keep warm.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Serve with shredded cabbage, avocado, fish, salsa and sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, coriander leaves and lime wedges.
More of Angela's tacos