Truffle and green pea soup
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
A little tip regarding truffle oil, remember to keep the lid on tightly and the bottle should be kept in a cool place. Also truffle infused oil is not for cooking, but rather to dress the dish drizzling over just prior to serving. Truffle-infused oil is great over roast potatoes or mixed into a mash at the last minute. The trick with peas is to cook them on a low heat to maintain their vibrant green colour.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan until shimmering and then add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is transparent. Don’t burn the garlic.
- Add the cream, milk and stock, bring to the boil and then add the peas and gently on a very low heat simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and process until smooth.
- Pass through a sieve and season with salt and white pepper.
- Pour into 6 bowls and garnish with a swirl of truffle oil.
More of Simon's Mother's Day supper recipes