Photo by Vanessa Lewis
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the yoghurt and let it ferment for 2-3 minutes. It will start to bubble and foam.
- Place the flour and salt into a mixing bowl then stir in the yoghurt mixture and soda water until completely combined.
- Heat a 20cm solid-based frying pan on the hob then add the olive oil, leaves from the sprig of thyme and the cracked pepper.
- Once the oil comes to a shimmer pour the crumpet bread mixture into the pan.
- Cook on a medium heat for approximately 5 minutes on each side to gain a golden colour.
- Place in a preheated oven and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until cooked through. Cut into wedges to serve.
More of Simon's Mother's Day supper recipes