Citrus quinoa salad with lemon dressing
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
I like to use this quinoa and lemon salad as a base then top with grilled chicken or fish. Toss the lemon segments through the salad to add a surprising, tangy bite and beautiful colour. The dates in the dressing make for a wonderful sweet/sour combination.
For the dressing
For the salad
- For the dressing, place the dates into boiling water for 15 minutes to soften, then drain.
- Into a processor place the dates, ginger, olive oil, lemon zest and juice blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring 2 cups of water to the boil. Add the quinoa, give a stir and cook for 15 minutes until all the water has been absorbed. Cool.
- To the quinoa add the herbs, orange, lemon, cucumber, red onion, feta, salt and pepper to taste, combining well.
- Serve with a drizzle of the dressing.
More of Angela's recipes with lemons