( MAKES about 50 )
Photo by Annabel Langbein media
The addition of edible flowers transforms these shortbreads to something special.
- Preheat oven to 140C fanbake and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugars together until white and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl from time to time. Add flour and cornflour and mix well.
- Divide mixture in half and wrap in greaseproof paper. Chill until firm (at least 20 minutes), or freeze until needed.
- Roll out chilled shortbread dough to just under 1cm thickness then cut into shapes with a 6cm round cookie cutter and place on prepared trays.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and lightly press a flower into each.
- Return to oven and bake a further 25-30 minutes, reducing heat if they start to colour. Allow to cool on trays. They will keep for several weeks in an airtight container.
More of Annabel's Mother's Day baking ideas