Apple and hazelnut cake
Photo by Babiche Martens
Apple and hazelnut: these two flavours are one of those perfect combinations. Whether in a salad or baking, they taste beautiful together. A good wedge of this cake with a dollop of lightly whipped cream is heaven.
- Preheat an oven to 160C. Line a 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Into the food processor place the hazelnuts and pulse until fine. Add the flour and butter and pulse until crumbly.
- Add the sugar and eggs and mix to combine.
- Chop two of the apples, stirring through the mixture. Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Slice the remaining apple and arrange on the top. Place into the oven and cook for 50 minutes.
- Cool in the tin for 15 minutes before placing on to a cooling rack.
- Serve with extra hazelnuts and a dollop of whipped cream.
More of Angela's baking