Moroccan lamb casserole
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Dice the lamb into manageable pieces and dust in the flour.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish and brown the lamb meat in batches until golden brown, removing each batch as you go and setting aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for a few minutes. Pour in the red wine then add the lamb stock concentrate, water, mushrooms and Moroccan seasoning.
- Return the lamb and juices to the pot. Bring to the simmer, then cover the casserole dish, place into the oven and cook for 2 hours or until the lamb is tender.
Serve with mashed potatoes, blanched peas, Moroccan whole roasted carrots, Moroccan yoghurt sauce and puff pastry tops for everyone to dig in and build their own deconstructed pies. Read how to make these components here