Butternut Squash Chilli with Cauliflower Pearls
( SERVES 4 )
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|3||Garlic cloves, minced|
|450 g||Turkey mince, (or use chicken mince)|
|1 Tbsp||chili Powder|
|1||Green pepper, chopped with seeds removed|
|2 cans||Tomato paste|
|2 cans||diced tomatoes|
|4 cups||cubed butternut squash|
|1||Avocado, for topping (optional)|
For the cauliflower pearls:
- Heat olive oil in a pan and then add onion and garlic, stirring for about 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey meat and stir until no longer pink; then, add the spices along with the chopped green pepper and salt and pepper and stir for an additional 3 minutes or so.
- Add the canned tomatoes and tomato paste and stir until everything is combined.
- Last, add the water and chopped butternut squash; reduce heat to a simmer, place lid over the skillet and cook until squash is soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the chilli has been cooking for 15 minutes, cook the cauliflower pearls by following the cooking instructions on the package. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then add garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant and golden in colour. Pour cooked garlic and oil into cooked cauliflower and stir to combine, which will give the cauliflower a garlicky flavor.
- Pour the garlicky cauliflower into bowls, top with the chilli and an avocado and enjoy.