Photo by Vanessa Lewis
This is a really fresh salad that would work well with pizza. It would also be great on its own as a lunch dish. The addition of the Clevedon Valley marinated cheese is sensational.
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Toast the pitas for 5 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until they are crisp.
- Remove from heat, and break into bitesized pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together toasted pita pieces, romaine lettuce, green onions, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Mix the parsley, garlic, Moroccan seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour over the pita mixture, and toss just before serving, then break the Clevedon Valley marinated cheese into pieces and scatter over the salad along with the mint leaves.
Also try Simon's Mac 'n' cheese and prawn pizza