Linguine with porcini
With dried mushrooms in the pantry, there’s always an exotic meal available. Scrumptious!
- Soak the porcini in the hot water for 30 minutes to soften. Strain, reserving the liquid. Squeeze the porcini dry, then finely chop.
- Cook the linguine according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds then add the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the reserved mushroom liquid and simmer until almost evaporated. Add the cream, thyme and seasonings. Simmer until thickened.
- Drain the linguine and add to the mushrooms, tossing well to coat. Serve in bowls.
- Great garnished with chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
More of Jan's mushroom recipes