Corn and turmeric sauce
Photo by Vanessa Lewis
This sauce is so delicious, it works well with steak, over steamed or roast veges and even goes well with fish such as hapuku.
- In a fry pan heat together the olive oil and butter till the butter is melted.
- Add the corn and onion, cook until the onion is soft and translucent — be careful that it doesn’t brown.
- Add the turmeric and cayenne (or chilli) and cook for another minute.
- Add the white wine, chicken stock concentrate and water and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and heat through.
- Either place the sauce in a blender or use a stick blender to get the sauce to a smooth consistency.
- Return the sauce to the pot and reheat gently to serve with the chicken and mash.
More from Simon's Sunday roast