Penne with fresh cheese
Photo by Tam West
|115 g||Cottage cheese, or good quality ricotta|
|115 g||Creme fraiche|
|125 ml||Full cream milk|
|250 g||Penne pasta|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|4||Spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced|
|2 large||Tomatoes, ripe, core removed and chopped|
|1 handful||Flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped|
|1 sprinkle||Chives, snipped|
|1 block||Parmesan cheese, for grating|
- Place the cottage cheese or ricotta in a small food processor and process until smooth. Add the crème fraiche and milk and process until just combined. Place in a bowl, cover and keep in the fridge.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Lightly oil a medium-sized baking dish.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the penne and cook until al dente. Drain, toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place in the dish.
- Heat a small frying pan or saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining olive oil and the spring onions and cook until soft. Add the chopped tomatoes and heat through. Stir through the herbs and season mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon into the dish with the penne.
- Remove cheese mixture from the fridge and spoon over the penne mixture. Grate plenty of parmesan cheese over the top and place in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes until hot and golden on top.
- Serve with a green salad.