Easter hedgehog slice
( MAKES 25 squares )
Hedgehog slice presumably received its name from an English concoction of light coloured chopped biscuits combined with a chocolate mixture, then iced and stuck with slivered almonds. This is an Easter version.
For the base
|250 g||Shortbread, biscuits|
|½ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|2 Tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|150 g||Milk chocolate, chopped|
|100 g||Butter, chopped|
|½ can||Sweetened condensed milk|
For the topping
- Lightly oil and line a 24cm x 20cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Crush the shortbread with a rolling pin leaving some as little chunks. Place in a bowl with the coconut, cocoa powder and ground cinnamon. Mix well.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together with the sweetened condensed milk on low heat. Mix well.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Press into the lined pan. Chill until set.
- Melt the white chocolate with the Kremelta, stirring often. Pour over the base. Allow to set a little then top with the mini Easter eggs. Cut into squares or bars.
More of Jan's Easter recipes