( MAKES 6 )
The batter should be of a pouring consistency.
For the batter
For the sliders
- Whisk together the batter ingredients until smooth.
- Halve the slider buns and spread the cut surfaces with ranch dressing. Top the bases with sprouts.
- Heat the oil in a small deep saucepan or wok until a faint haze rises.
- Dip the oysters in the batter and shake to remove the excess. Deep-fry briefly — in batches if necessary — until crisp and golden.
- Pile 2 oysters on each slider base, top with more sprouts, the basil, then the bun tops.
- Secure with skewer and serve immediately.
More of Jan's shellfish recipes