Pork with shiitake and spring onions
Photo by Jan Bilton
Shaoxing wine is prepared from fermented rice and has a taste resembling that of dry sherry.
For the marinade
For the stir-fry
- Whisk the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Thinly slice the pork and add to the marinade. Mix well. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the mushrooms covered in warm water for 20 minutes, until softened.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick wok or frying pan.
- Drain the mushrooms well. Stir-fry in the oil with the spring onions, ginger, garlic and salt, until just tender. Place aside.
- Drain the pork. Heat the remaining oil and stir-fry the pork in batches for 2-3 minutes, until just cooked.
- Return the mushroom mixture to the pan, add the hoisin sauce and rice wine and heat through. Serve on rice.
More of Jan's Chinese recipes