Potato cheese latkes and tahini sauce
( SERVES 6 )
|1||Potato, peeled and cut in half|
|4||Basil leaves, cut into strips|
|90 g||Feta, rolled into 15g balls|
|2||Garlic cloves, sliced thinly|
|80 ml||Lemon juice|
|¼ cup||Greek yoghurt|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|½ handful||Fresh coriander, chopped|
|¼ tsp||Ground cumin|
|½ handful||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped|
- In a saucepan, place the potatoes with just enough cold water to cover, bring to the boil, simmer for 3 minutes then drain the potatoes through a colander and allow to cool on a tray.
- Preheat vegetable oil to 175C. Grate the potatoes, place into a mixing bowl and work in the eggs. With damp palms, form the mixture into an egg shape putting a ball of feta in the centre.
- Deep fry the latkes until golden and drain on to absorbent paper, season with sea salt.
- To make the tahini sauce, crush the garlic on your chopping board with the salt until a paste is formed. Place this into a food processor, add the tahini, lemon juice, yoghurt and olive oil.
- Blitz until smooth, place the sauce into a mixing bowl and fold through the cumin and herbs.