Turmeric and ginger fried potatoes with coconut cream
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Wash and slice the potatoes. Heat a pan then toast the coriander, mustard and cumin seeds.
- When the mustard seeds begin to pop, remove the spices from the heat. Tip into a mortar and pestle and crush.
- Reheat the pan, add the oil, chilli and turmeric. Add the potatoes and stir. Turn the heat down, cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Turn over occasionally to prevent sticking.
- After 10 minutes, add the spices and coconut cream, stir and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes. Season and serve with the juice of a lemon squeezed over.