Beef and prawn linguine salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
Caramelised beef and seared garlicky salty prawns are two flavours that work superbly together. This “salad” is great because it’s a flexible recipe. Any type of pasta can be used for the base, as can any combination of fresh herbs. Have fun experimenting with your choice of fresh chargrilled vegetables.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil with 1 Tbsp salt and ½ Tbsp of the oil. Add linguine and once boiling turn down to a gentle simmer to cook for 12 minutes or until “al dente” (just cooked and firm when bitten in to).
- Heat barbecue or large frying pan until hot. Lightly season sirloin with salt, add 1 Tbsp of the oil and cook until browned all over. Wipe barbecue clean with paper towels or wash frying pan, then reheat until hot.
- Pat prawn cutlets dry with paper towels, Place in a bowl, add garlic, 1 Tbsp of the oil, sprinkle with salt then mix together well. Sear for one minute on each side until caramelised.
- Toss courgette slices with ½ Tbsp of the oil, lightly season then barbecue or pan-fry until caramelised.
- Mix linguine with courgette, herbs, cherry tomatoes and a good grind of black pepper. Serve with beef and prawns arranged on top.
More of Geoff's of land and sea dishes