Mediterranean potato salad
Photo by Tam West
For the dressing
|½ cup||Freshly squeezed orange juice, or mandarin juice|
|3 Tbsp||Red wine vinegar|
|½ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
For the salad
|500 g||Baby potatoes, scrubbed|
|1||Fennel bulb, thinly sliced, reserve fronds for garnish|
|2 cups||Wild rocket|
|2 cups||Baby cos lettuce, torn|
|½ cup||Mint leaves|
- To make the dressing, whisk the citrus juice and vinegar together. Whisk in the olive oil until well combined. Stir in the capers.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, ensuring they keep their shape.
- Meanwhile, combine the fennel, rocket, cos and mint leaves in a large salad bowl.
- Add the drained, warm potatoes and toss with the dressing and plenty of salt and pepper. Garnish with fennel fronds.
- Serve with something from the barbecue.