One-dish three-cheese lasagne
Photo by Jan Bilton
This is one easy lasagne to prepare. Divide the pasta so there is enough for four layers. Passata is a concentrated pasta sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Lightly oil a 26cm x 21cm baking dish.
- Pour ¾ cup of the passata evenly into the baking dish. Place a layer of lasagne noodles over the passata, breaking them up so they fit in a single layer.
- Combine the egg yolk and ricotta cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread half over the pasta.
- Top with another layer of lasagne then 1½ cups of the passata. Top with more lasagne then the remaining ricotta. Follow with the remaining lasagne, the passata, dot with the mozzarella then sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 20 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.